Quiz pictures not shown in feedback page

Quiz pictures not shown in feedback page

by Artit Ungkanont -
Number of replies: 4

Just upgraded to 1.2.1, on PHP 4.2.2, IIS 5.

I have set up a quiz with 10 MCQ's. Each has a picture which was uploaded before the quiz was created. The quiz was set to show feedback. During the quiz attempt, the students can see all the pictures. Howerver, after the quiz was submitted, the students cannot see the picture in the feedback page. The area used to be the picture became white with a small red X.

I tried right click on the picture area to get to the properties box, the URL of the picture is still the same (something like http://library.ra.mahidol.ac.th/class/mod/quiz/quizfile.php?file=/42/357/quizpic2/1.133.JPG). The dimensions of the picture in the properties box, however, is still correct. Only the picture could not be seen.

I would very much appreciate if someone could enlight me how to solve this problem.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Artit Ungkanont

Re: Quiz pictures not shown in feedback page

by Cornelius Bennett -

Just an idea but try renaming your pic's for example rename 1.133.JPG to something like 1133.JPG also check the caps on your files for example if the file is saved as 1133.jpg then make sure spell it the same way and not 1133.JPG

In reply to Cornelius Bennett

by Artit Ungkanont -

Dear Cornelius,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried to rename the file and check the spelling as you suggested but it is still the same. What I can observe more is that if I do the test using admin account, I will be able to see the pictures in that feedback page. But if I use the student account, I will not see the pictures. My guess is something in the quizfile.php that prevent the students from seeing the pictures again after their first attempts.

by Artit Ungkanont -

Just a follow-up on this topic.

As of now I have a workaround for this problem, by commenting out line 54-60 (if (!isteacher($course->id) ...  ) in quizfile.php . My guess is that moodle may set the student's attempt as 'finished' after the quiz is submitted, hence do not let the student to see that picture again. Could this be a bug?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, this looks like a case of the security being a bit too tight for no good reason.  I'll remove those lines in 1.3 too.