We gave our own board a course (theme format) in Moodle where they are the teachers and can fill sections with topics, forums, glossaries.. (no students there..)
We added the module Book to allow them to create books for meetings (documents, agenda, one book for a todo lists.. etc)
We also give workgroups of teachers their own courses in the same way: the groupmembers are the teachers in these courses, no students (unless they allow the non-group-member=teachers to be the students in these courses..)
In all these course we fill the sections with placeholders. (giving them empty courses did not work in the past)
Typical structure of a section 9each section...) :
- placeholder for topic-titel
- forum for that topic
- a book
- a folder (showing a pre-formatted subsection)
- a glossary for that topic
- and if they like more: a wiki
Especially the book works great, if you install a local PDF-printer on their PCs:
- create a book
- do a preview by pussing the book-publish button in BOOK to get this webbrowser screen (see below), so you can find "page-orphans" and change the layout.. check again..
- when you are happy, choose the installed print-to-pdf in the print menu of that same webbrowser screen.
- Our teachers love these PDFs with clickable TOC, they even print them as real books...