Assignments not displaying in week blocks

Assignments not displaying in week blocks

by Huw Dixon -
Number of replies: 1
Using moodle 1.8. I have a couple of weeks in weekly format that I cannot get assignments to display in for a particular class. I went to create an assigment so that students could upload some work and discovered I had the number of weeks set too short. I went and increased the setting by a couple weeks, saved, then went back and created the assigment. However, the assigment, and any others I create for these two new weeks do not display. They are listed in the Assigments page for that correct week. I went back and increased the weeks setting by a couple more weeks, saved and I am able to create assigments that display under those weeks. It just appears something is awry with just 2 weeks.
I tried the same scenario in another course where I had the weeks set too short but all seems to work just fine there.

Is there something in I can look at/track down in the moodle database that maybe I can fix manually?

Thx

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Huw Dixon

Re: Assignments not displaying in week blocks

by Huw Dixon -
FYI -
Spent several hours poking around the moodle tables. Finally stumbled across mdl_course_sections and found it had some doubled entries for these two problematic weeks:

$mysql> select * from mdl_course_sections where course = 4 and (section = 11 or section = 12);
+----+--------+---------+---------+-------------------------+---------+
| id | course | section | summary | sequence | visible |
| 69 | 4 | 11 | | 102,103,107,114,118,121 | 1 |
| 70 | 4 | 11 | | NULL | 1 |
| 71 | 4 | 12 | | 108,110,112,113 | 1 |
| 72 | 4 | 12 | | NULL | 1 |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I figured the latest ones were being used as the section to print. I deleted them and now the weeks display with all assignments just fine. Dunno how the sections got duplicated in the first place.

peace