Turnitin 1.9 Testing needed.

Re: Turnitin 1.9 Testing needed.

by Dean Stringer -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Dan (and other interested parties),

I know nothing about the TII API but was wondering what the feasibility would be of writing a kind of stub/reflective/smoke-n-mirrors service that might emulate the TII API so Moodle admins could point their test Moodle instances at it and demo or test their local TII code.

We've had a few occasions where we've wanted to test things are operating ok Moodle-side after applying patches to the assignment module, its TII components or other Moodle or cron code, and we've not wanted to really submit or configure anything on the TII servers to do so. There might also be the case where a particular dev or test Moodle instance is behind a firewall and not able to access the live TII instance, or heaven forbid the TII servers might actually be down or not available (however unlikely)

From what I do know (Dan please correct me if I'm off track) there is a seqeuence of events for each submission that are processed TII-side: some sort of student logon or association with the course, actually submitting the document, and finally recieving the TII assement of it.

Clearly you dont want to reimplement TII!!! but it seems like there would mostly have to be some SSO bluffing, and some kind of some session retention across those requests. The documents themselves could be discarded after submission, and the grades and error codes returned could just be random (within reason)

There's no real urgency with this suggestion, just an idea that someone might like to pickup, or maybe there is already something like this outside of the Moodle community that you might be able to point us at?