Flashcard "give up" button in 1.8

Re: Flashcard "give up" button in 1.8

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
> I'm faced with the the same problem.
> The "give up" button is not working in 1.8.2

I assume you mean the "Give Up" button is working as expected on all types of exercise produced by Hot Potatoes 6, except Flash Card exercises. Is that right?

The HotPot module was never intended to work with the JMatch Flashcard format, because the Flashcard format does not produce a "score" and there is no information about which words were shown or whether the student was able to give a correct response or not.

If the FlashCard exercise is not in a "chain" of other HotPot exercises, then I suggest you add the FlashCard exercise as a Moodle "Resource" activity, rather than as a "HotPot" activity. Then you will not have to mess with the scripts and you can rest assured that your site will have no problems upgrading in the future.

However, I understand that you probably have good reasons to want to implement this modification so without further ado, here is the link to the amended file: hotpot-full.flashcard.js

regards
Gordon

P.S. If you do not already have software for finding differences between two files, I can recommend WinMerge to find out which lines in the attached file are different from the standard hotpot-full.js