can Forum provide mailing list to list server

can Forum provide mailing list to list server

by Ye Chen -
Number of replies: 2

In current forum, if people wants to post a message in one forum, they have to login moodle to post it.

My question is whether forum has the function to create a mailing list for the group of people who subscribe to a specific forum, for example, give the forum name myforum.  So whether moodle can create a group list like myforum@hostserver.com, people has the option, instead of going to login to moodl and  post message on forum , just simply writting message to that group email adress, the message will be sent to any one who subscribed to this forum and also the message is also posted to the forum too.

If current forum module deosn't have the function, is there any other module can do similar things?

Thanks

Ye

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ye Chen

Re: can Forum provide mailing list to list server

by Clark Moodler -
Ooh, I like this idea an an option for those who want to! I think many people would like this. Of course, if you have your username/password saved in the browser, then it's still super easy, but many students use lab computers where that's not viable, and may really like this feature.

As long as students reply with the email address in their Moodle profile, then perhaps it could match it up to authenticate.
In reply to Clark Moodler

Re: can Forum provide mailing list to list server

by gabriel cooper -
This would be an extremely important function for my use of Moodle.