Release of new version for Course Menu-Course Menu +

Release of new version for Course Menu-Course Menu +

by Sandor Lukacs -
Number of replies: 5
Hi

We are releasing a new version of Course Menu + this time under the name Course Menu.

We added some new functionality to this block making it possible to order and turn on/off certain option such as:

* Control Panel
* Gradebook
* Calendar
* Blog Menu

* Expandable Tree
* Activate Chapter Grouping

The settings are done on a per course basis. The block is made for Moodle 1.7.x and above.

Changes:

1. The order of the options in the tree can be changed making it more user friendly.

2. "Activate Chapter Grouping" makes it possible to group weeks/topics in chapters. When grouping the weeks/topics the default distribution is done uniformly among the chapters. The final distribution is done manually
by clicking on the arrows and moving the weeks/topics among the chapters. The name of the chapters can be set independently.

You should remember a couple of important things:

-By changing the number of chapters all your chaptering settings will be restored to default.
-The number of chapters must be a number greater than 1 and less then the number of visible weeks/topics.

Feel free to try out this block, we appreciate comments and suggestions.

The block will be available on CVS, in the mean time it can be downloaded from:

http://www.netsapiensis.com/Download/CourseMenu1.7.x-1.8.x.zip

Best regards
Sandor.Lukacs
NetSapiensis AB
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandor Lukacs

Re: Release of new version for Course Menu-Course Menu +

by Larry Elchuck -
Look forward to trying this Sandor.

Might you consider turning your talents to MyFiles next?

larry
In reply to Larry Elchuck

by Sandor Lukacs -
Hi

It's not really just my talent, we are a few here who contributed to this block. MyFiles it's a very interesting block and we have plans to improve it, do you have any suggestions?

Sandor

by Larry Elchuck -
Hi Sandor

Thanks for considering this.
1. For starters, getting it work with Moodle 1.8 would be a giant step forward.

2. The sharing functionality did not work in the last version that I tried in 1.7. Getting this to work would be great as well.

3. Don't know if you can hack a link to it for students wanting to post an image in the htmlarea editor or not. If you could, that would be even more useful. Students could upload to their myfiles area from within the htmlarea editor, when responding to a discussion (or other areas where the htmlarea is used)!

4. Not sure what happens to the myfiles resources on a backup and restore. If they do not get backed up and restored properly at present, including the code to make this happen is a desired feature as well.

larry

by A. T. Wyatt -
Wow! This is some terrific block! I have been testing it on 1.8 and so far it is working well. The only thing I might suggest is to go ahead and mention in the instructions that you configure the block with the editing icon. I have to confess that it took me a while to figure that out because instructors have not been able to configure earlier versions of this block!blush

I just love the chapter tool. I think this is going to be very popular on my campus!

Thank you very much for making this available--
atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Sandor Lukacs -
Hi

Thank you for mentioning it! We made a modest addition to the readme.txt file about the editing icon. I hope we'll be done with the user documentation the next week.

Sandor