Your site is probably using old multilang syntax, multilang upgrade is recommended.

Your site is probably using old multilang syntax, multilang upgrade is recommended.

by William Claps -
Number of replies: 4

I get the following notice: "Your site is probably using old multilang syntax, multilang upgrade is recommended."

Can someone tell me what this means and how do I fix it?  Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Claps

Re: Your site is probably using old multilang syntax, multilang upgrade is recommended.

by Mauno Korpelainen -

You don't need to fix it just do it (click that link):

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Multi_language_content#New_multilang_syntax

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

Re: Your site is probably using old multilang syntax, multilang upgrade is recommended.

by Mark Williams -
Have the same message but when i click the link and it tells me its progressing it then tells me that "This SQL relies on obsolete tables! Your code must be fixed by a developer".

The 2 patch files I have seen in the tracker database seem to be CVS or unix/linux based updates so I have no idea how to apply them to a windows based installation?
In reply to Mark Williams

by Mark Williams -
Very strange results when done on the live server as opposed to an identicle test environment. The same database upgraded to 1.8+ had no problem running the multilang upgrade that gave me the error message on the test environment.

The only difference I could make is that in the live environment the upgrade was run in maintenance mode where as the test environment was live ??? but dont know why that would effect the lang tags at all.
In reply to Mark Williams

by andrew dixon -
I am experiencing the same issue with my moodle site version 1.8+. Were you able to resolve the issue?