Is it possible to create closed groups?

Is it possible to create closed groups?

by Tormod Hansen -
Number of replies: 5

I have a class with 9 groups. Can I make closed forums for these groups. Forums where they can upload files and discuss their topic without sharing their writings vith everybody.

Tormod Hansen

rådvild

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tormod Hansen

Re: Is it possible to create closed groups?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi tormod,

If you associate your students to groups and then set your forum to separate groups, doesn't it work as you required in your post above?

Ciao smile
Attachment forum_separate.jpg
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Ang: Re: Is it possible to create closed groups?

by Tormod Hansen -

Hi Eloy

Thank you - it works.

Tormod

Ang: Ang: Re: Is it possible to create closed groups?

by Tormod Hansen -

Yes it works on the whole side, but as far as I can se, I can't set up one forum to have separated groups and another to have not separated groups. Is it not so? 

Re: Ang: Ang: Re: Is it possible to create closed groups?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
No, it's perfectly possible to do this ... just make sure in the course settings for the course that the setting for groups is set to "separate" or "visible", and that the "force groups" setting is set to "No".  You can then set each activity independently.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Ang: Re: Ang: Ang: Re: Is it possible to create closed groups?

by Tormod Hansen -

Thank you Martin.

I'll try that.

Tormod