Personal Glossaries

Personal Glossaries

by Sacha Brostoff -
Number of replies: 4
Hello - does anyone know if it's easily possible to make personal glossaries possible for each student - that no other students will see?

I've seen it suggested (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=27927) that a separate group be made for each student... but unfortunately I don't know how many students there are going to be. This is mean to be for a 'fire and forget' kind of course.

With many thanks,

Sacha

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sacha Brostoff

Re: Personal Glossaries

by Marion Manton -
We want to do exactly the same thing - so any suggestions would be great!

by Dave Shearan -

The only way I can see is to use groups, but obviously this will not work in your situation. So perhaps forget about the glossary module and use an online assignment instead, with no forced due date and allowing resubmission.

You won't get the features of the glossary (auto-linking, display formats,etc.) but you will automatically get something that only the student and you can see. It is then down to the student to lay out the glossary in a way that suits them.

Just a suggestion, hope it works for you.

Dave

by Elena Ivanova -
I think that the easiest thing will be to have one glossary, but do not approve students entries by default. (Set "Approved by default" to NO).

Thus, once student adds an entry, it will be in the "unapproved" status and will remain invisible to the whole class, except course instructor.

We did the same for the Database tool.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)