GIFT-Modul and surprising results

GIFT-Modul and surprising results

by Peter Sereinigg -
Number of replies: 3

I imported this question (multiple correct answers):

1. // Question 1
    ::Welche Lichtquellen sind natürlichene Lichtquellen?::Welche Lichtquellen sind natürliche Lichtquellen?
    {
    ~%-12.5%Glühbirne
    ~%25%Sonne
    ~%25%Glühwürmchen
    ~%25%Meeresfische
    ~%-12.5%Leuchtstoffröhre
    ~%-12.5%Laser
    ~%25%Stern
    ~%-12.5%Tischlampe
    }

Green one are correct
    red one are wrong

BUT after import the wrong questions had +100 % in the quiz ...

2. If  a questions has 1/3 of the question-points and I use 33.333333 three times it does not work with the GIFT Import, I get the Message "Not 100%",...

I like the GIFT Import very much, because it is much faster to type this in notepad than in the browser!

Any idea

Thanks Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Sereinigg

Re: GIFT-Modul and surprising results

by Peter Sereinigg -

Maybe the reason is, chat module only accepts some results
+/-
100, 90, 80, 75, 70, 66.666, 60, 50, 40, 33.333, 30, 25, 20, 16.666, 10, 5, -

Some are missing,

• for 9 answers: +/-11.111% 
  • for 8 answers: +/-12,5%
  • for 7 answers: +/-14,286%
  • for 3 answers: +/-33,333%

Is there a possibility to increase this by my own?

Thanks Peter

In reply to Peter Sereinigg

Re: GIFT-Modul and surprising results

by Paul Shew -
QUESTION 1
Your question looks properly formatted. I'll try this myself on my system and see what results I get. It should be impossible for the negative answers (%-12.5%) to end up as correct.

QUESTION 2
Try using 33.333.

Here's what I wrote about this in the documentation:
Note that it is possible to specify percentage answer weights that are NOT available through the browser interface. Such answer-weights will calculate correctly (according to the value assigned when imported), and will appear normal to students taking the test. But such answer-weights will not display correctly to teachers when editing them through Moodle's Edit Question interface. The pull-down menu only allows certain fixed values, and if the answer-weight does not exactly match one of those predetermined values, then it will not display correctly. If you edit such a question through the browser interface, the answer weight will change to that displayed.

In the quiz module, 33.333 is included, but not the others. And yes, you can add them by editing the appropriate PHP file.

To make them add up to exactly 100%, maybe you can try this for the three answers:
33.333%
33.333%
33.334%