Strange dates on Enrollments

Strange dates on Enrollments

by Sandy Norton -
Number of replies: 6

I ran into a strange issue tonight. In usng an enrollment key, with the course starting (any date can be used, present past or future) it pops up with a screen that says " You cannot access the course until December 31, 1969 at 6:00 PM"   I have not put this date anywhere on the site.  I'm on 1.8

Any ideas?

Sandy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandy Norton

Re: Strange dates on Enrollments

by Martín Langhoff -
That means that the "Date" is being read as "0" for some reason. 0 translates to 1-01-1970 +/- your TZ settings. We'll need more info to debug what the problem actually is -- can you tell us more?
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Sandy Norton -

If you can tell me what you need I'll get it for you.  I'm not a programmer so I  need some help in knowing what you need.   Thank you so much.

Sandy

In reply to Sandy Norton

by Martín Langhoff -
Got your message saying you managed to change the settings to make the problem go away. That's great to hear... now what I need to ask you is to change the settings to make the problem come back, and file a bug explaining how the error happens. This way, we can fix it for the next release.

I help you, you help us, the wheel turns... smile
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Sandy Norton -

I will do my best on my test system.  Dummy me I fogot to check what it was but I have a good idea.  I should get some testing time in the day or so to go back and try to re-create it.

Thanks,

Sandy

In reply to Sandy Norton

by William Claps -

Hi Sandy.  What settings did you change to fix this problem.  I am having the same problem.  I cannot enroll students into any courses as they get this error.

Thank you for any help.

Intesting...  Students show up as new users in the Recent Activity Block on the course's front page.  When I click their names, it says they are "not enrolled in this course". 

They continue to get the 1969 error when they try to enter the course.

Bill

In reply to William Claps

by Mike Reilly -

Hiya!

Wanted to make sure something was posted publicly as one specific response.  I got the error mentioned, and it was a logical "oops" in the Settings.  Yours will most likely be different, but ours were a combination of "Course Start Date" was August 13, and there was only an enrollment period of 7 days allowed.  Students tried to enroll on August 28, more than 7 days later, so it wouldn't allow them, giving the December 31, 1969 error.