External enrollment and unenrolling manually not working

External enrollment and unenrolling manually not working

by Nikki Macfarlane -
Number of replies: 1
I have my system set up to enrol students through an external database. This is working perfectly.

When a student finishes their course they need to be unenrolled from that course. I change their enrollment method to manual and then remove them from the course.

However, the next time they log in, the system is checking the externl database again, even though their enrolment is set to manual, and re-enrolling them into the course they have finished.

The only way to prevent this seems to be to remove them from the external database. This means a teacher removing them from the moodle course and also removing them from the external database.

Should manual enrolment override external? If so, how do I prevent the system from checking the external database and reenrolling students into a course that they have completed?

Nikki Macfarlane
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikki Macfarlane

Re: External enrollment and unenrolling manually not working

by Martín Langhoff -
Nikki - unfortunately, that's how it's meant to work. Normally, the external DB is a student management system - and you should unenrol the student directly there. Moodle will then be a "perfect slave" to the external DB and unenrol the student.