[[modulename]]

[[modulename]]

by Dick Willis -
Number of replies: 5

I'm trying to get wiki setup and I find this in the list of choices instead of Wiki. When I click on it I get the following error message "Directory with initial content for the wiki does not exist (/home/baycoach/public_html/moolang/lang/en/help/wiki/initialcontent). Did you copy the language files ?"

I have copied the language files.

I have tried to set up a directory called 00-empty.

Now what.

Thanks for your assistance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dick Willis

Re: [[modulename]]

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
You didn't copy wiki.php and the folders help/wiki and help/initialcontent into your /home/baycoach/public_html/moolang/lang/en/ directory.  See for example:
http://www.bayhicoach.com/moolang/lang/en/
http://www.bayhicoach.com/moolang/lang/en/help/wiki
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

by Dick Willis -
Thanks for your response. What I'm really struggling with is how I would know to have done that. Have I missed some installation instructions somewhere?
In reply to Dick Willis

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
The Wiki module is still in early development.  The developers are assuming that at this time the only people using it would have a fair amount of technical expertise and be very familiar with the basic structure of Moodle.

To summarize, for any Moodle module which is distributed separately, you need to first copy the module folder into the mod folder of your Moodle installation.  But then you have to move the files and folders in mod/modulename/lang/  into the corresponding folders of the lang folder of your Moodle installation.

by Dick Willis -
Wow! I sometimes think that I am a capable computer user. Then I find myself wandering off into something like this that helps me to remember just how much I don't know. I do have this module working for now and it looks like what I was looking for. Thanks for your kind assistance.

by W Page -

Hi Zbigniew!

Did you receive an article I sent you off-thread?

Also wanted to ask you what command should be used in SSH to get a module like "Wike" to install from CVS.

Thanks in advance for your response.

WP1