Blackboard quiz import problem

Blackboard quiz import problem

by Shuo Feng -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,
I have this Blackboard V6+ test file in a .zip, it contains a .dat and .xml file. However, every time i import into Moodle 1.8 quiz import (with blackboard and blackboard V6+ option), it fails and give me this message : "Could not find question data file in zip". I am 100% sure there are contents in the quiz.

Your comments and helps are greatly appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shuo Feng

Re: Blackboard quiz import problem

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Please post the file here and I will take a look.

However, (at the moment) the importer expects the .dat file to be specifically called "res00001.dat". It doesn't care about the .xml file. If it's some other number you may have to unpack the file and rename it.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Shuo Feng -
Dear Howard,

Thank you for your info, I have tried to change its name to res00001.dat and made a .zip, but it still did not work. Here I attached the copy of the quiz (original) for you to take a look. Again, any help is greatly appreciated!
In reply to Shuo Feng

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That's actually a POOL type blackboard export (Blackboard 5?). That's imported by the "Blackboard" importer (not the "Blackboard 6" one). In that case you need to extract the .dat file and simply use that is the import file.

I *really* need to fix this sad
In reply to Howard Miller

by Shuo Feng -
Dear Howard,

thank you for your help, it has worked!

Best Regards,
In reply to Shuo Feng

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Hi Shuo, could you post how you get the problem fixed? Did you just rename the file to res00001.dat and it just worked or? thanks!