Moodle and NetTutor

Moodle and NetTutor

by Clark Moodler -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

I recently received this message from faculty at my school - does anyone have any information or experience about using Moodle with NetTutor plugged in?

"A considerable percentage of the online courses taught through our school are in the mathematics area. These courses use a mathematically enabled whiteboard called "NetTutor" (www.nettutor.com). WebCT and NetTutor are compatible in that a "mapping" can be set up by the NetTutor support staff within the WebCT course. This enables students to link seemlessly from the WebCT course to NetTutor without having to log in a new username and password for NetTutor. The mathematics faculty teaching online courses feel that NetTutor is neccessary for the successful implemenation of these classes, as is the compatibility allowing ease of access from the CMS to the NetTutor whiteboard. Has anyone explored such compatibility issues for NetTutor and Moodle?"

------

I've looked on the NetTutor website, where there is information about NetTutor and WebCT, NetTutor and Blackboard, and NetTutor and Third Party Software, which is where I think I need to look, but wondering if anyone with more experience can point me in the right direction?

thanks!
clark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clark Moodler

Re: Moodle and NetTutor

by Cristina Berisso -

Hello Clark,

I talked briefly this morning with a sales rep. of "Net-Tutor" (the company is called "Link-Systems International"). He said that Net-Tutor can be integrated to Moodle the same way they do with WebCT and Blackboard. I did not ask about details because I do not know their system very well, I was just interested in understanding what were the advantages of Math tutoring via their WhiteBoard tool and to ask for a demo access.

FYI, I talked to Trey Bruns at (813) 674-0660 x241.

Cristina

In reply to Cristina Berisso

Re: Moodle and NetTutor

by Clark Moodler -
Thanks Cristina,

I also emailed them and got a reply saying that they had a version of Moodle and were looking to create integration for it and NetTutor.

I told them they should visit the forums here for any help and info.

Best,
Clark