Forum with built-in audio recorder?

Forum with built-in audio recorder?

by Clark Moodler -
Number of replies: 1
Idea of the day: How about a mashup of the text forum with a simple audio recorder (Flash?) built right in as an option - where there's no separate uploading - it's done all right in the forum message? Same with video would be nice, too. Something like a cross between the forum, Gong, Odeo, and Yackpack... smile

Taking away the extra steps of using another software/app to record, and having to upload a file as attachment would be huge.

Seems like this would enhance asynchronous courses in a big way, as well as add some accessibility.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clark Moodler

Re: Forum with built-in audio recorder?

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Great idea, Clark--and very desired. It is one of the most talked about and most attempted needs in the past couple years. Moodlespeex is the simplest but I wasn't happy with the audio quality. Gong required a heavy Java server and engineer ability to get it set up. Then there is DimDim and others that some have added on. You might even take a look at Paul Daniel's voice blog (among his many projects) for Moodle. I still have my students use Audacity and attach the file to the forum post--the only way I know that uses free software with good quality.

If you make one really simple, we would hail you as hero! big grin