Re: Feedback : export answers to xls unusable

by Sakis Zafeiropoulos -
Number of replies: 5

I have exactly the same problem.In excell i cant see text characters. i attach an excell.

The problem caused after i upgrated feedback form 17(in moodle18) to feedback 19(in moodle182).

I restored the same survey(with the problem xls) in a pc with feedback17 (in moodle18) i exported a new xls, and it is ok.

And another question,how can i add page break in feedback19(i cant find it, in feedback17 it exists).

I would be very gratefull for any help.

Sakis 

In reply to Sakis Zafeiropoulos

by Martin Holden -
Re no text exported in excel - Try changing the excel coding (in Admin - Language- Language settings ) from "unicode" to "latin" . That worked for me

In reply to Martin Holden

by lea virgile -
"Try changing the excel coding (in Admin - Language- Language settings ) from "unicode" to "latin" . That worked for me"

-- > I tried but I don't have an "excel coding" option in the page Language settings (in Moodle 1.7). The last setting of the page, for me, is SiteWide local...

By the way, xls exports work well in other activities...

In reply to Martin Holden

by Sakis Zafeiropoulos -
I tried the change from unicode to latin but it din't work. In latin encoding i can see the text content but greek characters are not readable and my survey is in greek(english are shown fine). I am attaching xls from any case.

I imported the course in a pc with moodle18-feedback17 and the probelm solved, gtreek characters can be reed in xls both in latin/unicode setting.

During these attempts, i found another trouble in the import proccess.
I exported the questions from feedback19(moodle182) in xml file and when i tried to import it in feedback17(moodle18) i took the message

failed to loading xml.

So i took backup the whole course contained survey with feedback19 amd i restored it to the other system with feedback17 and it worked.

Sakis

by Sakis Zafeiropoulos -
I solved it.
The problem to feedback19 is located in page analysis_to_excel.php(\mod\feedback) in line 69
$workbook->setVersion(8);
Number 8 refers to a very old MS Office Version.
You can check your Office version from the folder
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12,
Office12 comes from Office2007.

So if we give a number between 9 -12 in the line above, the export to excell procedure, works fine.

Sakis Zafeiropoulos

by Janette Dimitrova -
I tried this solution and it does not work for us. Any other suggestions?