DFWiki error' Course module is incorrect'

DFWiki error' Course module is incorrect'

by Steve Wright -
Number of replies: 5

I've been trtying to create a dfwiki in our moodle installation (v 1.6.1) and if I set it up I just get the error message:

Course module is incorrect

And that's it - pressing continue takes me back to front page.

Thing is dfwiki has some features that would be really nice to use - is there a version out there that works or a fix for this bug (can't upgrade moodle till July as there's courses runnign and last upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 saw us lose all the course content with change to UTF-8 so you'll understand my nervousness!)

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Wright

Re: DFWiki error' Course module is incorrect'

by Steve Wright -

Hmmm - is dfwiki 1.5 only? In which case I'm *tempted* to get nwiki, BUT am I right in thinking this will replace the standard wiki module?

If so - are there any examples/guide/lessons I should know about before I start e.g. is transition fairly painless? Advantageous? Possible to roll back?

In reply to Steve Wright

Admin page disappeared since NWiki installation

by Steve Wright -

Have upgraded to NMiki on one of our 2 moodle installations that I run - worked smoothly so happy with that - but... why has my admin index page disappeared????!!!!

In reply to Steve Wright

Re: Admin page disappeared since NWiki installation

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Steve,

I don't know why your admin page disappeared, this bug was solved some months ago. What versions of DFWiki and NWiki did you get? Did you delete DFWiki before install NWiki? What steps did you follow? I'm going to try to reproduce this error.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Steve Wright -

HI - there have been a whole bunch of major errors here.

I didn't install DFWiki (though it *did* appear in the drop down menu as an option - how do I remove?

The admin index page disappears and the wiki search is throwing a whole bunch of errors as well.

Now have admin page back - but the wiki search and indexing are incomplete.

Downloaded latest version for 1.6 from the nwiki site: http://morfeo.upc.es/crom/mod/resource/view.php?id=7 still not working properly sad Sean Koegh from Pteppic is site admin and has been heavily involved...

Steve

In reply to Steve Wright

by Steve Wright -

Have checked on site we installed nwiki on and no sign of dfwiki in activities mednu or httpdocs/mod so don't think it was there but may have been removed by super-admin when trying to fix some of the issues.

Am nervous about trying to install on other moodle site.

Other symtoms: the naviagtion blocks no longer work fully, think wiki search functions have been partially restircted...