weblinks dont link part 2

weblinks dont link part 2

by Karl Plummer -
Number of replies: 5
I am having a devil of a time creating links to the web I am constanly getting error language

this is the eror message I get

ERROR: No lang file (/home/www/mrcornball/moodle/lang/en/moodle.php)!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karl Plummer

Re: weblinks dont link part 2

by Marc Dastous -

Good evening Karl;

1. My first question would be does that folder (/home/www/mrcornball/moodle/lang/en/) actually exist?
  2. If it does, did you upload all the PHP files in ASCII format?
  3. Did you get any errors in the database screens when you initially installed/upgarded your Moodle installation?
  4. Have you tried downloading and then uploading the latest language pack, http://moodle.org/download.php/lang/en.zip, from the Moodle website

Just trying to narrow some things down...

Marc

In reply to Marc Dastous

by Karl Plummer -

when I checked for missing strings I got this message

Could not find English language pack!

I then downloaded the pack and tried to upload it but not sure if I sent to the right place as I still have the same problem

In reply to Karl Plummer

by Marc Dastous -

To determine whether you uploaded it correctly I would suggest deleting the ../../en/ folder entirely from /home/www/mrcornball/moodle/lang/and then re-uploading the downloaded version from the language page.

This will ensure that you have all the files you need.  However, make sure that your directory is /home/www/mrcornball/moodle/lang/ and you have chosen to upload the PHP information in ASCII when you begin your transfer.

Marc

In reply to Marc Dastous

by Karl Plummer -

Marc

Just wanted to say thanks for reaching out to help me I deleted that accidently from my first response Marc

In reply to Karl Plummer

by Marc Dastous -

That's what these forums and Moodle are all about; collaborating with other users to formulate solutions to specific problems big grin

Let me know if this works.

Marc