Last week i ve installed moodle the first time. After searching the right php version, and other thing which has taken a lot of time i had this error from this post.
"A problem has occured ...."
Yesterday i found the solution for it by testing some things. I knew it was a problem with the FreeTDS between the Moodleserver and my other SQL-Server with the Database for Moodle, because all other things were ok.
I ve made an ordner FreeTDS with the config.file in it. That was the problem. I ve overreading that the config file must be placed in the C:\ root.
Now it works. Yippie That was a reason for drinking a good beer in the evening.
I ve also tried to install PHP 5.3.1 but i ve got some errors with it so i tried to install PHP 5.2.12 for Moodle and now its ok.
I'm looking forward to Version 2.0 and i hope there are more options for using MSSQL.... . Now i m going to start to configure the Moodle.
Greetings from Vienna