Installation help

A problem occurred inserting current version into databases

Picture of yucai shanghai
A problem occurred inserting current version into databases

I install moodle on windows server 2003,using sqlserver 2005 and IIS. Moodle version is 1.8 +. All  steps is ok including creating all the tables in database moodle. When I redirect to admin/index.php. An error that "A problem occurred inserting current version into databases" occurs. I can't return to the homepage or continue.

Anybody can helps me. Thanks a lot.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Mike Leathers
Re: A problem occurred inserting current version into databases

Just Currious, I have the exact same setup and have the exact same error, did you ever figure it out?

Thanks

Picture of Sérgio Quintaneiro

Hi

I'm having the same problem, has someone already find out how to fix it?

Picture of Richard Enison

Picture of Sérgio Quintaneiro

Hi

I have the ASP.NET version 1.1.423

About this answer
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=85495#p377815

I couldn't figure out one answer to my question

Thanks

SQ,

I tried to reply about 6 hours ago, but moodle.org was down. Here is that reply:

Well, you didn't say what type of database you were using; neither did ML. YS said (s)he was using SQL Server 2005, exactly the kind my post (the one linked to by the "answer" you said you couldn't find an answer in) said this error usually involves. See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installation_FAQ#System_information_needed_for_Installation_Forum.

Most of the "answer" explains what the code does and how it triggers the error msg. all three of you got. Then it suggests increasing the debug level so you can get more detailed msgs. to help solve your problem. Did you try that? If so, did you get any more msgs? If so, pls post them.

You didn't say whether you tried following the second link in my post. Again, as I have declared many times in this forum, I personally have no experience with MS SQL Server. I am just relaying what AS found worked for him.

RLE

Picture of Bart Perman

I just started following these posts.  Here is my config.

Windows server 2003, IIS6, SQL ServerExpress 2005, PHP 5.2.5, FreeTDS PHP Extension, Moodle 1.9

After following the instructions in the links you provided (thank you), here what comes up when I go to index.php. 

Unicode data in a Unicode-only collation or ntext data cannot be sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC version 3.7 or earlier.

SELECT * FROM mdl_course WHERE category = '0'
  • line 686 of lib\dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 481 of lib\dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
  • line 421 of lib\dmllib.php: call to get_record_sql()
  • line 374 of lib\datalib.php: call to get_record()
  • line 2927 of lib\weblib.php: call to get_site()
  • line 1671 of lib\deprecatedlib.php: call to print_footer()
  • line 405 of admin\index.php: call to error()

As I am "adequate" in SQL, this does not mean a whole lot to me, but I will keep looking and see if I can find more info.

BP,

This must be the other post you were talking about in your new thread. Anyway, it looks like you have run full speed into a head-on collision with the dreaded, world-famous 4004 error, which comes from MSSQL. All I can do at this point is refer you to a couple of links that might not be exact fits to your situation, but ...

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-14048
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_MSSQL_for_PHP#Troubleshooting

RLE

Picture of alexander niszl

Hello

Last week i ve installed moodle the first time. After searching the right php version, and other thing which has taken a lot of time i had this error from this post.

"A problem has occured ...."

Yesterday i found the solution for it by testing some things. I knew it was a problem with the FreeTDS between the Moodleserver and my other SQL-Server with the Database for Moodle, because all other things were ok.

I ve made an ordner FreeTDS with the config.file in it. That was the problem. I ve overreading that the config file must be placed in the C:\ root.

Now it works. Yippie smile That was a reason for drinking a good beer in the evening.

I ve also tried to install PHP 5.3.1 but i ve got some errors with it so i tried to install PHP 5.2.12 for Moodle and now its ok.

I'm looking forward to Version 2.0 and i hope there are more options for using MSSQL.... . Now i m going to start to configure the Moodle.

Greetings from Vienna

Picture of John Shaver

I ran into the same problem with inserting version error but just got it working with Windows 7, IIS and SQL Express 2008.. Here are my steps:

1) Enabled CGI for IIS (control panel > Programs > windows features on/off > IIS > WEB Services > APP Dev Features > CGI)

2) Installed PHP using MS Web Platform
Download web platform

3) Follow instruction for FastCGI on
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_MSSQL_for_PHP
Need to use non-thread safe version

4) Edit php.ini (different from instructions in above link)

add:
[PHP_DBLIB]
extension=php_dblib.dll

comment out:
;[PHP_MSSQL]
;extension=php_mssql.dll

5) create the freetds.conf

Hope this helps!