Error: "Could not add a new instance of forum"

Error: "Could not add a new instance of forum"

by Worth Bishop -
Number of replies: 0
This is kind of a cross post, but thought this forum might be a better place.

I implemented the MoodleSpeex module, which allowed audio posts to existing forums, but after implementation, any attempt to create a new forum yielded the error, "Could not add a new instance of forum."

Implementation required small changes to three forum module files: mod.html, post.html and post.php; and also to the /files/index.php file (see file attached for changes).

There was also a field added to the database forum table (mdl_forum). It was defined a ENUM type (params: 'off','on','default') but since I'm using PostgreSQL I had to modify the data type (no ENUM type in PostgreSQL). I used boolean type, default value of "false". Also changed the code in post.html and post.php from:

if($forum->speex != 'off')

to

if($forum->speex != 'false')

When I tried to create a new forum after installation, PostgreSQL logged a database error:

ERROR: invalid input syntax for type boolean: "on"

Looks like a code change from one version to another may have implemented an 'on' somewhere, but I cannot find it in /mod/forum or /files/.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this? Audio posts have a high coolness coefficient and I'd like to see them work!

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -