MOODLE FOR BUSINESS USES
56 Moodlers joined in less than 1 week!
This new course is designed for discussing & sharing ideas on using Moodle for Business Uses.
1. ENTREPRENEUR - businesses providing courses for customer payment.
- Entrepreneurs Forum - payment technologies, certifications (pdf), etc
- Sales & Marketing Forum - promoting your moodle site to potential customers
- New Business Ideas Forum - Got an idea using Moodle and need advice?
- Business Law Forum - discussion on laws governing Moodle usage in business.
- SITE OF THE MONTH - a potential feature - showcasing a business using Moodle for customer payment for course access. Such a showcase provides for "peer-review" for noting best practices and providing ideas for improvement.
2. CORPORATE EDUCATION - internal company training & education
- Corporate Education Forum - issues regarding Moodle in Corp. Education
- SITE OF THE MONTH - a potential feature - showcasing a company using Moodle for education and training of employees. Although "guest" access may be limited, review of the descriptions, layout and design by peers provides great support for improvement
CURRENT DISCUSSIONS on Moodle for Business Use
Listed below are topics discussed to give you an idea of the community!
- Trademarking Titles/Profession* - in Academia, titles are designated to denote completion of education or simply to show your profession, i.e. MD, PhD, MS, "Associate Professor", etc. In using Moodle for business, supplying certification and denoting a title to a "graduate" can be important. i.e. "Certified Health Professional". What are ways to protect such a "title", given to the graduates of your Moodle training business. Should trademarking a title be important to securing your business as the sole source of earning such a certification and title?
Business Law Forum. More
- Collecting Payment - An Ongoing Debate! What are some of the best methods to collect payment for access to your Moodle Site? Paypal has been mentioned as a tool to collect payment and provide an "enrollment key" to customers. How do we incorporate features like users being allowed access for a limited time-frame (like 8 weeks), or renewal of services. Such considerations include 3rd party software for payment, authentication, renewal...some 3rd party companies refer to this as "membership" websites, seperate from "retail" websites.
Entrepreneur Forum. More
- Customer Testimonials - Commonly overlooked, but important in business. To entice potential customers to your Moodle site and course offerings, customers need to relate to others who have taken the course(s). If your site has courses on "photography" and I'm a part-time photographer, I'd like to read testimonials of people who have gone through your course, and thought it was worthwile. Testimonials are essential if payment is required for access. Is the Survey module a great tool to capture testimonials? Is this done when "students" complete the course?
Sales & Marketing Forum. More.
IMPROVING the MOODLE FOR BUSINESS USAGE Course, state ideas on the How this Course Should be Structured Forum !!!
FACILITATORS - looking for additional facilitator(s), potentially, w/ experience in:
(1) Entrepreneurial Usage of Moodle
(2) Corporate Educational usage of Moodle in a corporate setting.
Growth of the Moodle for Business Usage course comes from support of the community. Additional Facilitator(s) (w/ Martin's approval) may be considered to ensure the content matches the interests of the community. Email email@example.com if interested.
Facilitator, Moodle for Business Usage