Does Sequitur run in Moodle with Chinese (zh_tw) language?

Does Sequitur run in Moodle with Chinese (zh_tw) language?

by J. Chan -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Gordon,

I tried one Sequitur html exercises on 1.6 Moodle. When I click the first option, the screen went blank. However, when I change the language of the course back to english, the exercises went smooth. Is it a bug? or is my moodle going to be upgraded? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

James

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J. Chan

Re: Does Sequitur run in Moodle with Chinese (zh_tw) language?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Can you find any error messages? Maybe in the Apache/PHP error log on the server, or perhaps there was a Javascript error in your browser?

Do you have a utf8 Chinese language pack? I wold be interested to know what happens if you use that.

Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by J. Chan -

Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. The exercises tend to refresh the screen once when I click on any option. This only happens when the course is configured to zh_tw Chinese Language. When you right click and go back to the previous page, the exercise restart again. When I either use English language or even the Simplified Chinese Language (i.e. zh_cn), the screen does not refresh and I can continue the exercise.

I'm sorry I don't have the error log in hand. Perhaps I can send you some files if you like. Which should I send you?

James

In reply to J. Chan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi James,
please upload the Sequitur quiz to my server.

I have installed the Chinese language packs, so hopefully we can reproduce the problem on my server.

thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by J. Chan -

Thanks Gordon

I've uploaded the file, 3C01.htm on your server, and during the installation there are 3 lines of errors displayed, but as it is too quick, I just skipped the details.

The exercise worked just fine on your server.

I hope it's simply related to my language file but I can't figure out where the problem is. So, I included some files here and I hope you will have time looking into it. Thanks in advance.

• File 1: from mod/hotpot/attempt.php (I guess this may cause problem)
  • File 2: from lang/en_utf8/hotpot.php (this works ok)
  • File 3: from lang/zh_cn_utf8/hotpot.php (this also works ok)
  • File 4: from lang/zh_tw_utf8/hotpot.php (I also guess this might be one of the problem files).

Cheers

James

In reply to J. Chan

by J. Chan -

Hi, Gordon

I solved the problem. Cause my lang/zh_tw_utf8/hotpot.php is outdated and is lack of many strings. Besides, the file format is also utf8 that caused so many problem, including : "the result page only flash for 1 second and then display the marks for our students and so no one could actually see how they performed in the hotpot quiz."

Now, I just replaced the language file with the english version and everything works. I will translate the file later. Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

James 

In reply to J. Chan

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi James,
I'm glad to hear you were able to track down what was wrong.
all the best
Gordon