Lost, Lost. Lost

Lost, Lost. Lost

by Melanie Shepherd -
Number of replies: 3

My school technology administrator just informed me that the server that ALL of the work I (and others) have done on Moodle has crashed and there is NO information that can be saved.

Is there ANY record or ANY way to access our sites via this site???

PLEASE HELP!  I had 2 years worth of lesson plans, resources, tests, etc. on this!

Thanks,

Melanie Shepherd

Johnson Co. Voc. School

Mountain City, TN

shepherdm@jocoed.k12tn.net

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Shepherd

Re: Lost, Lost. Lost

by Gary Day -
This might be a stupid question but do you know if any attempt has been made to access the disk/disks by putting it/them into another machine using the same operating system?

by Myles Carrick -
Wow, Melanie - that doesn't sound good.

To be honest, it's a little difficult for us to comment without knowing what "Moodle has crashed" actually means. Aside from hard disk failure (in the case of a single disk setup) and assuming that no backups exist, there are few things that can make a Moodle installation's data unrecoverable.
Do you know about the nature of the crash?

Hope there's some way we can help out.
Myles C.

by Samuli Karevaara -
Try to get them to be more specific. As mentioned, if the hard drive is not broken, but some other parts of the server, then it might just be a matter of moving the drive to a working computer.

If the hard drive is broken, some data could still be saved. You could ask if it was possible to have the broken drive to be sent to a company/lab that could salvage some/all of the data. It can be a bit costly, but you could ask. For example: http://www.harddriverecovery.org/ (They have a free recovery consultation service).