Can students view the assignments of other students in moodle 1.5?

Can students view the assignments of other students in moodle 1.5?

by Nacho Cub -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I would like to know if it´s possible to give students the right to view the assingments uploaded by other students.

Right now it´s only possible for teachers and admins to review the uploaded files, but not between students. I will appreciate any suggestion.

(We use Moodle version 1.5)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nacho Cub

Re: Can students view the assignments of other students in moodle 1.5?

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Nacho!

Students can't see other students' assignments if you use the assignment module. I believe you could work around that in several ways, depending on what you want to accomplish.

I think you could share the files by using a forum, a workshop, or a glossary. (I am thinking that database came in with moodle 1.6).

I have not used the workshop in a real class, but I have used the glossary and the forum.

The forum could be set up where each student starts a thread and uploads the assignment as an attachment. The remaining conversations could take place in the normal forum fashion! This is good if you want a lot of "back and forth" or the ability to upload later revisions. You can set up groups if you want, create a number of different forums, or just have the one.

I have also used the glossary. You can allow comments on the glossary, but they don't seem to attract the kind of discussion that forums do. The glossary is, I think, limited to one file. So you couldn't have a history.

If you upgrade to a newer version of moodle, you could use the database module. I use it for work I want shared. For example, students complete a photoshop tutorial. I created a database template for the original file, the resulting file, the title of the tutorial, the link to the tutorial, and then a text box for their review of the tutorial and explanation of the technique they learned. I used to do this in a more limited fashion by using the glossary; the database module is more flexible and you can have multiple files there. But you are using 1.5! So I just want you to know you have things to look forward to!

Hope some of that might help. . .
atw

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: Can students view the assignments of other students in moodle 1.5?

by Nacho Cub -

Ok, thanks for the hints. I thought that there was some way to configurate the permissions of students to view the assignment submissions of other students.

I think this is possible to config in Moodle newest versions, but in this one it is a problem.

Thank you A. T. Wyatt!