teachers see all assigments

teachers see all assigments

by emmanuel coup -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,
I work in a private MS in California as webmaster and geometry teacher. We have been using moodle this School Year for the first time and are happy with it.

I have a question:
We use moodle 1.7 and do not use the grading modules.
Let's say that the english teacher is gonna give its 7th graders a test on monday next week (no chance actually because it will be the spring break..).
Unfortunately, I logged onto Moodle a bit later, and assigned a test for the same day because I did not know about her giving that assignment/test for that very day. Now, we have the parents complaining and the administration breathing down our neck. To prevent it they want us to post in the teachers' room, the date of our tests on a table affixed on the wall( very 19th century...)
Is there a way either block/module/ news that we could use to do it internally on moodle ?
I can't find anything.
Thanks
emanthoughtful
Average of ratings: -
In reply to emmanuel coup

Re: teachers see all assigments

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Eman - We have a similar calendar in our copy room where teachers are to write down when they are giving a test. I have integrated MRBS as a Moodle block (available under Modules and Plugins) and suggested to our administrators that it could be used to replace the 19th century calendar on the wall. It is separate from the Moodle calendar. Basically instead of using MRBS to schedule an area of rooms you set the area to be Tests or Major Assignments and the rooms to be the classes (i.e. 7th Grade, 8th Grade, etc.). A 7th grade teacher goes in and can post that they are giving a test. The times do not have to correspond with the times (or periods) in MRBS as the important thing is that you do not want more than say 3 on the same day. In any case, I think this might help your situation. Let me know if you have any questions. Peace - Anthony