Questions in Sequencing order

Questions in Sequencing order

by dennis mr. -
Number of replies: 2
I would like to add a different kind of question that involves the student to place a certain number of test items in a certain order.

For example: If I have birth, child, adolescence, death....then jumble the words around....then have the student place the words in order.

How would I go about doing this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to dennis mr.

Re: Questions in Sequencing order

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In both the Lesson and the Quiz module you could use the Match question type to achieve this, in a not very user-friendly manner, unfortunately.

Matching birth with #1; adolescence with #2, etc. would result in placing the events in chronological order.
  1. birth
  2. adolescence
  3. maturity
  4. old age
  5. death
See attached screen shot (Moodle 1.7 Quiz, Match question, Shuffle = No)

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Questions in Sequencing order

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Someone did make an ordering question type plugin, derived from the matching question type. I don't know if it is any good becuase i have not got around to trying it. Anyway, I think you can find it attached to a post in the quiz forum, on attached to a bug in the tracker.