No mails get send from forum

No mails get send from forum

by Stefan Ramaker -
Number of replies: 10
Hi,

I am using moodle 1.7.2. on mysql. I have a Problem with the forum. No mails get send to anyone. All are subscribed to the forum and they should receive new entries. Running the cron manually doesnt help.

Any Ideas? Are there settings that I did not found by now?

Greets

Stefan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefan Ramaker

Re: No mails get send from forum

by rajni sharma -

i hav also facing the same problem...nyone can help in this regard

A widespread problem?: No mails get send from forum

by willem stempvoort -
Hi

sorry, no solution but more or less the same problem ( for some comfort , there is a Dutch expression: a shared problem is half a problem)

This problem has been addressed several times; at least 5 times in this year, most extensively in :
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=61877#p280444

several solutions have been suggested; doing cron manually, subscribe manually the members to the right role at a forum level etc.
but I don't know whether ther's a official bug report for this problem.

At our site (1.7 latest stable ;php4 (i think)) the problem is not consistent at all; Some forums some times don't send a email notification. Other forums, exactly the same way designed, have no problem (sofar).

For the way we use our site it's quite important that we can be sure a mail is sent after a posting (from the teacher).
So, it's a big problem within our organisation.
I'm wondering how big the problem is in the Moodle community.

Willem
In reply to willem stempvoort

Re: No mails from Forum

by Ye Chen -
I have the same problem too. No mail sent out from Forum.  Is there any one got the mail working from Forum using Moodle 1.7.2. I want to know whether the mail doesn't work for any one who has moodle 1.7.2 or just few of us have the problem?
In reply to Ye Chen

Re: No mails from Forum

by Setareh Ghahari -

I have the same problem in 1.7.2. I have understood that some of the email go and some not. Some times the forum shows people in one group some times only in "all participants". They seem to be related. Messages from admin always go and the replies go though email too. It is really confusing

Setareh

by Peter Cliff -
We have the same problem at the University of Bath - Moodle 1.5 - seems sometimes mails are sent, other times people (staff and students) say they never receive them - I've been unable to track down a solution, but we now have richer logging on the server so I'm hoping some email log will reveal an answer - or at least point us to the right place to start looking. Seems to me it might be Moodle, it might be our server/mail system...
In reply to Peter Cliff

by Jeff Wood -
One of my site (running 1.8) is not sending mails either.

Jeff
In reply to Jeff Wood

by Leva Tabasi -
Dear All,

We have the same problem in Moodle 1.7.1+ PostgreSQL!
It is a usefull feature for students and teachers in previous version of moodle.

Regards,
Leva
In reply to Leva Tabasi

by Rodrigo Smarzaro -
Leva, check if the Cron job is running on your server....I correct this and it´s working now...
In reply to Jeff Wood

by Jeff Wood -
Fixed - seemed the hosting company gave me the wrong cron code to use. When I used the one I had for a different site - Ahhh success.

Jeff