Installation on windows 2000 server

Installation on windows 2000 server

by sheldon James -
Number of replies: 1

I currently have a hosting company hosting my website, and I would like to install Moodle, but they told me that they told me that can only install moodle if it is fit for windows 2000

"We can install any software which is running on Windows 2000, IIS web server and support MS SQL as a database."

What can I do and is there any step by step instructions so i can give them so they can install it form me.

It would be very nice if some one has a step by step instruction so i can give them so the y can install as i have an important client that is interested in, and i would like to demonstrate it on my website. 

Can someone help please!!!!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sheldon James

Re: Installation on windows 2000 server

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I hope I don't sound too cheeky, but...

http://moodle.org/doc/?file=install.html

PHP is readily available for Windows 2000/IIS and has an automated installation and good documentation. MySql exactly the same.

It should be perfectly straightforward... of course they might be ASP-heads and not be interested - there's not much you can do about that!