Wiki

bugtracker

 
Picture of koen roggemans
bugtracker
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTranslators

Since Wiki isn't in the bugtracker yet knipoog I'll post it here.

The wiki searches his initial content always in the en-folder, even with an initial content set in another language.

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Schneider
Re: bugtracker
 
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this error. What happens if you try the following sequence:
- Login
- Switch current language to Deutsch (de)
- Create a new wiki with Erfurt-defaults
- Look at the first page

--> The middle part is in german

Could you give me a description, how to reproduce your error ?
 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of koen roggemans
Re: bugtracker
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTranslators

Hmm, went trough some stupiditiesblozend. Since I noticed the program scans the foldercontent (suddenly a [CVS]-possiblility in the dropdownlist), I tought I had to translate the foldername aswell, and that killed the proces of course. Verry stupid of me not to hav thought about that.

Another, but verry little problem and more something for Martin I guess, is that in the Moodle configuration screen to check the translation, you see the ertfurth-default pages as being not translated, even when they are, and that's verry obvious, because you have to translate the filename too, since the filenames are content aswell. That folder should be excluded from the scanning-for-missing-files-process.

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Schneider
Re: bugtracker
 
Thank you very much for your translation work and for the bug-reporting...

This was a very ugly one... The translation system does not recognize minus signs ! I had to rename the folders into 00index and erfurtdefault and cvs-move all the contents...

you may have the old folders still in the drop-down, but those will not appear in the distribution-version...

Sorry 'bout that...
 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of koen roggemans
Re: bugtracker
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTranslators

Other small problem (on my side of the globe knipoog )

when editing the language, two strings always seem not to be modified: "empty" an "erfurtwiki default". The translationinterface from moodle saves it without complains, but the fields stay empty. In the file wiki.php, the values are added, but they are not used in the interface when creating a new wiki.

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of koen roggemans
Re: bugtracker
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTranslators

translation problem:

When I start an empty wiki in dutch, my first page is "EditThisPage 'WikiIndex'"(wich is obviously English and not Dutch). This is one of the pages wich is changed name in erfurtdefault -> BewerkPagina. Moving this page to 00empty doesn't help.

But... It works in German

Where does that tekst come from ?

(not urgent... going to dig myself...unless of course you know the sollution glimlach )

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of koen roggemans
Re: bugtracker
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTranslators

woehaa, it's hardcoded ! blauw oog

ewiki.php, line 297-358. I could write an adition, but of course that's no sollution.

Some (a lot!) more strings in wiki.php will be needed to solve this one!

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Schneider
Re: bugtracker
 
Yes, you are right. I have added a better helpfile for the "initial content". From my point of view it might be easier to stick with "WikiIndex" as the default page for all languages, otherwise we need a table with default-pages for all languages which is not allowed to change, because it would break old wikis....

But we could implement something loke this it if you think it's needed.
 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of koen roggemans
Re: bugtracker
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTranslators

Thanks for the helpfile.

About the WikiIndexpage, I don't think it's ok to have only WikiIndix for languages like Japanese (with completely other symbols) or LTR-languages.

I don't understand the need for WikiIndex beïng verry static. Can't it be replaced by a string, wich is searched every time in the language pack (wiki.php) The file has to be called 'WikiIndex' , but on screen the user sees the translation.

(Since I'm not a programmer, some of my ideas might be extremely senseless. Don't mind telling me that. But sometimes a stupid idea can be the initial tought of a good one. Like the Earth having the shape of an egg, instead of a disk (but a little more modest))

 
Average of ratings: -