Extending the brief survey of moodle users

Extending the brief survey of moodle users

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'd like to extend these with more options, and perhaps new questions too, to get a more detailed picture of Moodle.org participants.

Where are you using Moodle?

What type of Moodle user are you?

How big is your Moodle site?

Does anyone have good suggestions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Extending the brief survey of moodle users

by A. T. Wyatt -
Number of regular users? (defined as number logging in approximately once each week)

Number of courses?

Number of instructors? (well, some kind of reporting on standard roles)

atw
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Alan Cherwinski -
There are two areas of interest to me:
Moodle used for Adult Basic Education - literacy, numeracy, and independent living. This type of training can be delivered in the regular K-12 system or in community colleges, but the issues and challenges of using a text heavy Web-based tool for users with low level literacy skills and learning disabilities are very different from traditional graded education.

Another area interest is the use of Moodle for non-course focussed activities. Communities of Practice environment. I am working on such a site and find it a challenge to easily breakdown Moodle's course presentation/focus. I can easily see 70-80% of the learning/community activity happening outside of structured courses. I need the Moodle's courses and the easy management and access. I don't know how you would ask the question, but I would love to know balance between course and non-course (frontpage/portal) usage.

Thanks for asking.

Alan

In reply to Alan Cherwinski

by joan butler -
Alan
I run a workplace programme in Dublin, Ireland and am trying to introduce a moodle platform with the basic learners i work with. Would you mind giving me any details you have of up and running examples ? Also if you have any articles of interest that would be great.
Regards
Joan Butler
butlerjm@tcd.ie
joanbutler@ireland.com