Moodle Vs Blackboard

Moodle Vs Blackboard

by kev dev -
Number of replies: 6
Ok we've heard alot of debate etc. about the two but is there a report or detailed essay etc. written on the differences between the two and the advantages of one over the other??Can this be viewed??
Average of ratings: -
In reply to kev dev

Re: Moodle Vs Blackboard

by elearning edu -

Yes. A comparison between blackboard 6 and moodle1.1 is available.  The link is

http://www.edutools.info/course/compare/compare.jsp?product=182,144

Prof.V.Nagarajan.

In reply to elearning edu

by kev dev -
Cheers for that.If anyone knows of any others could you please let me know.Thanks
In reply to kev dev

by Timothy Takemoto -

Not very high brow, nor even an "essay" but..
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3017&parent=13256

There is a comparison between Moodle and WebCT however - check the buzz or search for thesis.

In reply to kev dev

by Steve Fisher -
I must say that I get a little tired of these sorts of comparisons <sigh>. Given that the functionality between Moodle and WebCT/Blackboard etc etc is pretty well comparable (educators and designers get a little too precious at times), then consider the first line of any comparison. Cost of Moodle = $0 Licence fee of the other major LMSs = $astronomical. Tell that to your CEO and you're going to have to come up with some pretty impressive features!! ...or if he/she still believes that proprietory systems are the way to go, then they're a poor e-education leader, wouldn't you say.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Steve Fisher

by Steven Day -
Functions are quite similar. But what about differences in ease of use? I used WebCT a year ago. My university required that I first take a mini-course before giving me space on their server. Even with that introduction, I found WebCT cumbersome and often counter-intuitive to use. Version 3.8 does not seem much better. Moodle, on the other hand, is so easy to use, yet without giving up important features. I even managed to install and get it running myself. Designing the courses website after that was a breeze. Open source is great as well to customize your site.

Preaching to the choir here, I'm sure. But going back to peek at WebCT again really made me realize how intuitive it is to Moodle.

Steven