Accordian generating errors in 1.8

Accordian generating errors in 1.8

by Julian Ridden -
Number of replies: 5

Have been using Accordian for some time now and am very happy with it. However, now i am getting errors since moving to 1.8.

Firstly, on Accordian formatted courses all works as advertised and no errors are present.

However, on courses with any other format applied the following error is generated. (see attached image) Apart from being a pain, it really slows down the load time on all the effected pages.

Any ideas on either how to fix this, or code that I can use to identify the type of format being used and to only attach the accordian files if the required format is in use.

Julian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Ridden

Re: Accordian generating errors in 1.8

by Chad Outten -
Picture of Testers
Hi Julian, i encountered a similar issue using accordion format in IE for moodle 1.7. i swallowed my pride & disabled global setting for ajax! slow page load time issue resolved.
In reply to Julian Ridden

by sam kennedy -
Hi Julian,

Wondered whether you/ anyone had managed to resolve this issue?

Having just stumbled across the Accordian theme I'm keen to get it installed on our 1.8 system. It's just the thing I need to convince staff a shift from Blackboard to Moodle is in their best interests!

Also, we have v.limited dev support @ our institution so i wondered whether you'd advise we steer clear of themes ...as potentially they need reworking with each Moodle update.

Sam
In reply to sam kennedy

by Julian Ridden -
Sadly no resolution yet. I have had to remove it from my 1.8 in the meantime which has upset my teachers somewhat.

The skills to identify the casue of such a bug are sadly out of my ability.