Upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.7.1 & Restore Back to 1.5.2

Upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.7.1 & Restore Back to 1.5.2

by Kumu Casey -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.7.1 using Fantastico. All but one of the processes claimed "Success!" This is the message that I received when I tried upgrading:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(mysql): UPDATE mdl_question_answers SET answer = '*' WHERE answer = '' AND question IN (SELECT id FROM mdl_question WHERE qtype = 'numerical')

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT id FROM mdl_question WHERE qtype = 'numerical')' at line

adodb_mysql._execute(UPDATE mdl_question_answers SET answer = '*' WHERE answer = '' AND question IN (SELECT id FROM mdl_question WHERE qtype = 'numer..., false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php

adodb_mysql.execute(UPDATE mdl_question_answers SET answer = '*' WHERE answer = '' AND question IN (SELECT id FROM mdl_question WHERE qtype = 'numer...) % line 1117, file: dmllib.php

set_field_select(question_answers, answer, *, answer = '' AND question IN (SELECT id FROM mdl_question WHERE qtype = 'numerical')) % line 30, file: upgrade.php

xmldb_qtype_numerical_upgrade(2006032100) % line 142, file: adminlib.php

upgrade_plugins(qtype, question/type, http://www.caseyasato.com/admin/index.php) % line 316, file: index.php

Upgrading numerical from 2006032100 to 2006032201 FAILED!Scroll to continue button

------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I tried to open and access the website, it did not function right so I decided to try to restore the site back to 1.5.2 following the directions provided by Fantastico. Ultimately, I would like to upgrade to 1.7.1, but for now, I just want my site up and running for my students. These are the directions I received from Fantastico:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrading...

Initializing Parameters - Done.
Generating MySQL Backup - Done.
Generating Files Backup - Done.
Copying New Files - Done.

Upgrade completed

Your installation of Moodle was upgraded.
You can view it here: http://caseyasato.com/admin

You must visit the above URL and follow the instructions provided. Or else the upgrade won't be completed.

Please save following information. You will need it in order to restore if something went wrong

If you don't have SSH access, ask support to help you:
- delete all the files listed in /home/casey5/public_html/fantastico_fileslist.txt
- delete /home/casey5/public_html/fantastico_fileslist.txt
- Untar /home/casey5/fantastico_backups/.backup.1174347943.tgz
- Empty the database casey5_mdle1
- Import the file /home/casey5/fantastico_backups//backup.sql into the database casey5_mdle1
- Move /home/casey5/fantastico_backups/ to /home/casey5/public_html

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I don't know what SSH is I went ahead and deleted all the files mentioned in /home/casey5/public_html/fantastico/fileslist.txt and then unzipped /home/casey5/fantastico_backups/.backup.1174347943.tgz in order to restore the backup files. I then emptied the database casey5_mdle1. However, I couldn't find /home/casey5/fantastico_backups//backup.sql, which I think may be the source of my problems. Also, when I attempt to move /home/casey5/fantastico_backups/ to /home/casey5/public_html, the system won't let me do it. Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide help to get my website up and running for my students by Monday 4/2!

System: Windows
Webhosting: Lunarpages

This is a warning that I receive when I now try to access my courses:

Warning: get_complete_user_data(/home/casey5/public_html/enrol/manual/enrol.php) [function.get-complete-user-data]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/casey5/public_html/lib/moodlelib.php on line 2471

Help!
Casey

Average of ratings: -