MP3s not playing with Mediaplugin (video works ok)

MP3s not playing with Mediaplugin (video works ok)

by Antonia Martinez -
Number of replies: 2
Although everything works fines when I play a video, for some reason, the MP3s will not play. The player pops up and appears to load something but nothing happens when I click to play. I checked the files - they play fine if I download them first, but I don't want students to do that. I double-checked the mediaplugin settings as well. What else do I need to do?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antonia Martinez

Re: MP3s not playing with Mediaplugin (video works ok)

by Eric Hagley -
a few questions - how big are the mp3 files - sometimes there is a delay with large files before they play.
Do you see the small flash audio player like? Or is it just a link? If you don't see the audio player that looks like (you should see a media player just after the "this" and before the first bracket) then you will have to recheck that the eye is open not shut in the mediaplugin settings. Or it could be that your browser has a flash problem.
What did you create the mp3 files with? Do you know the bit rate of them? Do a search for "bit rate" and you will get information on that. If the bit rate and sample rate are not right this could affect the playing of the file.
Hope this helps.