"No files have been uploaded"

"No files have been uploaded"

by Wolfgang Greller -
Number of replies: 2

Can anyone help?

When we display a directory it appears to be empty and we get the message: "No files have been uploaded to your course yet", although there are files in the root and subfolders.

Strangely, this seems to be a phenomenon that occurs at random, and does not affect every folder. In the same course we have two folders displayed and one shows the contained docs the other gives the above message.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Wolfgang

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wolfgang Greller

Re: "No files have been uploaded"

by René Samselnig -
Thanks Wolfgang for your post. I think I should add some more information about our problem.

When first adding a resource "display a directory" it performs very well. After saving we are able to display the contents of the given directory. Our problem is, that at a random date (first time it happened was some weeks ago, second time was last week wednesday) it "resets" the resource and clicking it doesn't give you the contents of the given directory anymore - instead the message Wolfgang described is displayed. This problem appears to affect many courses.

We could not reproduce this behaviour, but editing the link and saving it restores the normal behaviour that we expect.

I hope someone can help,
René
In reply to René Samselnig

Re: "No files have been uploaded"

by Marc Gale -

It's worth checking that the directory name doesn't contain any nasty characters like the ampersand.

For example, if you had a directory called

'Reading & Writing'

It won't display the contents as the & confuses things.  If you rename the directory to

'Reading and Writing'

All will be well.