Why is "quiz preview" by admin/teacher an attempt? How to prevent??

Why is "quiz preview" by admin/teacher an attempt? How to prevent??

by Marcus Hoberg -
Number of replies: 2

If you create a quiz and preview this as a teacher or admin, this is counted as an attempt in the report overview. Also the item analysis shows this as an attempt even though, you do not close/finalise the quiz at all.

In moodle 1.6.4 you even cannot delete the teacher/admin preview. In moodle 1.7.1 it is shown as an attempt and can be deleted. The problem is, that this registered attempt is part of the statistics (report counts)!.

How can I prevent any teacher or admin access/preview of a quiz being a registered attempt???

Thanks for any help, Marcus 

Attachment moodle-item-analysis.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Hoberg

Re: Why is "quiz preview" by admin/teacher an attempt? How to prevent??

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It's a bug. Previews should not be included in the reports. If it is not already in the bug tracker, please add it.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Why is "quiz preview" by admin/teacher an attempt? How to prevent??

by Marcus Hoberg -

Thanks Tim,

I found one issue concerning the quiz preview

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-5799

It seems that the issue is partly solved, but also that different ideas about the preview exist. In my eyes the preview is a preview and should appear in the reported counts list (item anaylsis). In order to check functionality the submitted preview should be visible somehow.

Marcus