Can not load the next file

Can not load the next file

by Duane Mikesell -
Number of replies: 2
 I have loaded moodle as V 1.36 in the config.php file.  When I start with the /index.php the beginning screen shows OK.  When the links to another page is clicked, the nextfile is asked to be down loaded.  If I put a URL to a help page, the next file is connectedto is OK.  I am using Windows XP Home Edition. Since I am a new kid on the block, I don't know where to start.

Thanks for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Duane Mikesell

Re: Can not load the next file

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
V1.36 - I don't think we've got that far yet smile

I don't really know what you mean, but it *sounds* like you have a problem with the configuration of PHP on you server. Can you give more detail of what you are doing and what the (error) messages are exactly?
In reply to Duane Mikesell

Re: Can not load the next file

by Duane Mikesell -

Thanks for the suggestion , Howard, about my problem being in the php.ini file.  In fact the real problem was in the config.ini of moodle.  If you are running moodle on a local machine, the $CFG->dirroot is used to put the localhost value in front of the wwwroot value in order access the next URL directed in the link to the next module.  In my case, the $CFG->wwwroot = '/moodle/moodle'.  To make the link to the login page, the generated string for the href value is "/moodle/moodle/login/index.php"

The version number , 1.52, I quoted was at the top of the config.ini file.