Forum

Picture of Stuart Anderson
Role names showing next to posting photos

In the forums on this moodle.org site I noticed that "particularly useful moodlers" have an additional icon displayed just below their name. I have had a request from a colleague asking if it is possible to indicate clears the role of users whom post to forums with some sort of text or image. This sounds very similar to what moodle.org has done on their forums. I am presuming this is a customisation rather than something I have missed. Could anyone shed any light on how much effort it is required to do this customisation? Would anyone else have a need for such a feature? May be a small unobtrusive grey list of the roles the person has for their context could be listed just underneath their photo?

Comments appreciated...

--Stuart Anderson, University of Manchester, UK.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Helen Foster
Re: Role names showing next to posting photos
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers
Hi Stuart,

The Particularly helpful Moodlers icon actually denotes a group - http://moodle.org/user/index.php?id=5&group=1 - rather than a role, though of course you can always put everyone with a particular role in a group.

Average of ratings: -

Sigh... I wish I'ld sussed that one out myself. Thank you Helen. That's extremely useful to know. I've never bothered setting up pictures for groups so I've never noticed the effect of this before.

Many thanks!

--Stuart.

Picture of Moodle Me

Do you know if I create a group on my main page and give all my teachers an icon for them will it show up in there individual courses? 

Thanks in advance!

Picture of A. T. Wyatt

Greetings, Stuart!

To add to Helen's post--if you want to create a group icon, you can select "edit group settings" when you are creating and assigning student to the group. Then you will have a form where you can enter some descriptive text, hide or show the group icon, and upload the picture you want to use for the group.

Did you already find that option?

atw

Thanks also atw.

--Stuart.