"Wiki has not been created" error

"Wiki has not been created" error

by Lars Jensen -
Number of replies: 10
When I try to set up a "Student" wiki I get a "Wiki has not been created" error.

A "Teacher" wiki creates an initial page describing the Erfurt wiki.

What could cause the error in the first situation?

Is it possible to create a wiki the whole class can collaborate on in a course without groups? How?

I run latest CVS.

Thanks,
Lars.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lars Jensen

Re: "Wiki has not been created" error

by Michael Schneider -
The group-managament is implemented right now by Mike Churchward. Until that is finished, tehre may be such anomalies.

> Is it possible to create a wiki the whole class can collaborate on in a course without groups? How?

Yes. There is a very special matrice eith Wikitype and Group-Type. If you want the simple "Everyone can edit the Wiki" you need:
- Wikitype: Group (Will maybe renamed into group/course)
- Groups for this activity in the xourse view: No groups
In reply to Lars Jensen

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Just checked it with the latest CVS version. It seems to work fine for me. Please make sure that you have the latest version, and the latest data tables. You should completely remove any old 'wiki' modules and resinstall it. It doesn't update automatically, yet.

If you create a 'student' wiki, any student that is 'enrolled' in that course (your test student was enrolled, right?), will create a new wiki when they first access it, using the default content. Note, teachers and administrators are not necessarily enrolled in the course. If this is the case, you would get that error.

I will be implementing the 'view' logic necessary for teachers and administrators soon.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Lars Jensen -
Thanks Mike and Michael,

Things seem to work now - I think it was "operator error" smile

Lars.
In reply to Lars Jensen

by Steven Day -
Originally my Wiki worked but now I get the "Wiki has not been created" error as well. Should I just wait for the next version?

Thanks.

Steven
In reply to Steven Day

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Wiki is still in developement and some options don't work yet (from the student/teacher/group - menu there are some things not working, so the error you got probably is caused by what you choosed in that menu).

M&M are working hard on this module.

In reply to koen roggemans

by Steven Day -
Thanks Koen. I was just wondering since it originally was operating normally.

Steven
In reply to Steven Day

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If it meets the requirements I described in previous post here, it should work.

The only way to you should get this error is for a student wiki, where a teacher who is not enrolled in the course (but is a teacher) click on it. Otherwise, you should be creating one.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
... wich occurs if you create a wiki as an admin in a course where you're not a teacher, my guess ?
In reply to koen roggemans

by Steven Day -
Thanks guys. I switched the settings and it works again now. This is a great addition to Moodle. Do other CMS have similar features, or is this unique to Moodle?

Best,

Steven
In reply to Steven Day

by Ger Tielemans -

Tikiwiki has it.., Xoops has it..., but not with these educational fine tuning by M&M glimlach