2 multilanguage questions

2 multilanguage questions

by ned moltoya -
Number of replies: 6
Hi,

1st question: how can I display the language selector on every page instead of only on the homepage?

2nd question: Is there any way to translate the course and category names? I've already got the translations in utf8_local files.

Thanks for your input,
Ned
Average of ratings: -
In reply to ned moltoya

And a 3rd one

by ned moltoya -
Is there a way to force a language upon a visitor coming from outside moodle through the url? (I mean url1 refers to the English page and url2 refers to the same page but in French)

Anyone?
In reply to ned moltoya

one down, 2 to go

by ned moltoya -
found the 3rd one myself: add "?lang=xx" to the url, immediately after "somefile.php" (and if necessary append the rest with "&")
In reply to ned moltoya

And then there was only one

by ned moltoya -
found the answer to my 1st question here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=50067

things actually become much more findable when you do a site-wide search instead of a forum search and that goes especially for forum items

so that leaves my 2nd question. I'll let you know when I find it, unless someone... no?
In reply to ned moltoya

Re: 2 multilanguage questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
1. You probably need to edit header.php in your theme.

2. Search for 'multilang filter'.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by ned moltoya -
thanks, I found this: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-2974

does this mean I will have to wait until 1.8 before I can translate course and category names?
In reply to ned moltoya

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Yes, it is in 1.8.
If you have stuff to test it with, please do so (on a testserver - don't upgrade your production machine (yet)) and report in the tracker if it doesn't work.