Lost RSS feed link for forums

Lost RSS feed link for forums

by Peter Birdsall -
Number of replies: 6

We have today noticed that the rss feed link for forums is not working, in any forum.

We are not sure when this went wrong, but are sure it was at Feb's 1.8 beta version at least. Our system is up to the latest beta.

As an example, the front page news rss link tries to go to site/rss/file.php/1/4/forum/1/rss.xml

... which produces a page not found ...

RSS is enabled at config level and at forum level...

In the data dir, the feed xml files (i.e 1.xml) are being updated

Any ideas??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Birdsall

Re: Lost RSS feed link for forums

by Peter Birdsall -

We still cannot see any rss feeds from moodle, forums or blogs, the rss link always results in a page error . Rss is enabled in all 3 places.

Is there anything server side that needs checking?

Any help appreciated..

by Samuli Karevaara -
Do uploaded files work ok? If you upload a Word document, can you download it properly? If yes, is the URL like the one for RSS feed XMLs (file.php/1/4/forum/1/rss.xml) or is the a questionmark in there somewhere (like file.php?file=/1/4/forum/1/rss.xml)? If so, check the Uploaded files give "File not found" in the Installation FAQ.
In reply to Samuli Karevaara

by Peter Birdsall -

Thanks for your reply, Samuli

File downloads work fine, we have loads per day, so no "?"

This is something that has happened from around the first 1.8 upgrade, when exactly, I don't know, but round the time that testing was asked for.

We used to have loads of internal rss blocks of internal forum feeds, to make it easier for staff to keep track of posts - which stopped working sometime between then and now..

..thanks for the suggestion though.

by Peter Birdsall -

This has been sorted and was, as Samuli pointed out - server side. There were mod_rewrite rules in the vhosts file ... for something else, by someone else!! smile

Svar: Re: Lost RSS feed link for forums

by Jonas Lagneryd -
Hi,
How did you go about solving it? I have the same problem and am using 1.9 Beta 2. Would be great to get your advice.
Thanks!
Jonas
In reply to Jonas Lagneryd

Svar: Re: Lost RSS feed link for forums

by Jonas Lagneryd -
Somehow it started working properly after I had changed themes!
Jonas leende