Request help for O'seas study Tour, moodle site visits

Request help for O'seas study Tour, moodle site visits

by Gregory sheath -
Number of replies: 0
My name is Gregory Sheath, I teach Computing Studies in Sydney Australia. I attended last years Sydney moodle conference, and very much enjoyed the conference. I was amazed at the number of attendees from o'seas.

I am applying for an ICT Scholarship and would like to focus on on-line learning.

My subject for study will be on-line learning in High schools using moodle.
In particular I would like to focus on the:
-use of quizzes to enhance learning & evaluation,
-integration of ICT across the school,
-Copyright and how this is addressed,
-suitable learning objects for on-line learning,
-students learning from home, city schools,
-distance education (rural schools) using moodle,
-the use of suitable peripheral devices (smartboards, wireless keyboards/mouse, graphics
tablets, etc)

Schools in my school district are beginning to use moodle to deliver curriculum to students. I would like to be able to report back to my peers on other ways to use moodle to enhance student learning outcomes and better ways using moodle to deliver curriculum to our students.

I would like to visit with those High schools overseas, NZ, US, UK, Europe
who are well advanced with On-line learning, especially with moodle use so that I could contact and possibly visit with.
I need to arrange a tour itinery and draft budget for my submission in late April.

I have looked on moodle site and found many schools but am unable to determine their current degree of expertise, I am hoping that those schools who read this may be able to help or suggest some high flying schools, or a way that I could contact schools to ask if they can help.

We are using moodle at my school and I have been using quizzes, wikis and blogs, in my teaching but would like to improve my use of these tools.
Our intranet has also been moved over and is now hosted on our moodle site.

Gregory Sheath
Average of ratings: -