Where is the drag and drop?

Where is the drag and drop?

von josephine wilson -
Anzahl Antworten: 2
I very much to create a drag and drop quiz question - I have seent the tutorial on the moodle wiki but when I look at the Quiz module on our moodle 1.6  and at the question types,there is no drag and drop option - am I looking in the wrong area or is it possible our administrator hasn't inserted this question type?
Als Antwort auf josephine wilson

Re: Where is the drag and drop?

von Jean-Michel Védrine -
Hello Josephine,
The drag and drop question is not a standard question type. It's a third party developpment and if you want to use it your administrator must install it according to the readme file.
Unfortunately, currently he will need to modify several Moodle files for the Drag and Drop questiontype to work (see bug MDL-2727 for an explanation, Tim Hunt is working on that problem)
The method to download the Drag and Drop questiontype is very different depending if you are using Moodle 1.6 or Moodle 1.7 (or 1.8dev)
If you are using Moodle 1.6, you need to get the zip file that I posted in that forum message
If you are using Moodle 1.7 or 1.8, you need to go to the Modules and plugins section of moodle.org on that page and use the link to download the latest version.
Alternatively if you are familiar with CVS, you can go to the contrib CVS on that page and download any version you want. Unfortunately I should learn how to properly tag CVS branchs one of these days rouge.
Some notes:
  • Brian King is the original author of the Drag and Drop question type
  • Backup is finished but Restore isn't rouge
  • It works for me but it certainly has some bugs in it clin d’oeil
  • A known problem is that when you edit hotspots in the question bank (the problem doesn't exist when you edit or create a drag and drop question in a quiz) the "Save and continue" button will produce an error, so you must use the "Save and return to question" button.