Enrollment to courses and groups - new and existing users

Enrollment to courses and groups - new and existing users

by Andy Hawkins -
Number of replies: 0

I am trying to get my head round enrollment on Moodle 1.7.1+.

Authentication against LDAP (active directory) is working well - but this will only add users when they login. Teachers need to see who is in a course/group before this might happen.

So - I can use upload users to add new users to a course and allocate them a group. But according to MoodelDocs it will ignore existing users, despite the helpfile.

Flatfile enrollment would appear to offer a solution - except it does not allocate students to a group - only a course.

1. Has uploaduser.php been updated to update course/group info for existing users yet? (or does anyone have a hack to do so?)
  2. How can I get flatfile to allocate a group? probably a bigger hack

I have looked at LDAP but a) hit problem with ldap-sync and b) do not want to clutter active directory with lots of course info
I considered external database - but that too does not seem to handle groups within a course - unless I am mistaken

I have looked through the forum and found a few similar requests (but no direct answers as far as i can see) - and am wondering if others have same needs and how they may have fuilfilled them.

... or perhaps I have missed soemthing obvious.

I would welcome comments based on others' experience in doing similar.

thanks
Andy

Average of ratings: -