Stop and start moodle from remote machine

Stop and start moodle from remote machine

by Abdul Rafi Jaffarullah -
Number of replies: 3

How to stop and start moodle from remote machine??

RAF

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abdul Rafi Jaffarullah

Re: Stop and start moodle from remote machine

by Gustav W Delius -

I assume you are asking how to stop and start the web server that is serving the moodle pages. Because moodle itself is not a program. It is a collection of php scripts that are executed whenever a moodle page is requested from the web server.

To be able to answer your question we would really know more about your setup. Is your moodle running on a server that you are administering yourself or on a shared server administered by someone else? If it is a shared server you would not want to restart the web server. If it is administered by yourself the you just have to log in remotely and run something like

sudo /etc/init.d/apache start
(on a Linux server).
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Abdul Rafi Jaffarullah -

Administrator of the server,on windows enviroment.It's ok if i restart the IIS.But Moodle is using appache???(my server has IIS and Appache running)

RAF.

In reply to Abdul Rafi Jaffarullah

by Arne Gylseth -
So you will have to check if the Moodle installation is made under the Apache or the IIS "file system". By the way, if you are running two different web servers they are running on two different port numbers ? (And the webserver you can reach like this would be the web server visible for most people: http://< server ip> :80  (That one running at port 80 as port 80 is the default port number for a web server.)