error while upgrading to 1.7

error while upgrading to 1.7

by Attila Paksi -
Number of replies: 3

I upgraded my moodle to the latest 1.7 version (from 1.6.x...). Everything was okey, except the Quiz module.

The upgrade process stoped when the system tried to uprgade the quiz module, and tables. Error message: "quiz module needs upgrading". After that, I couldnt do anything inside the portal. Everytime when I login, this message appers, and I cant use my moodle.

I made and used earlier 5 or 6 quizes, and 100 questions.  I made of course an sql dump. First I tryed to delete all tables (question and quiz tables) from the database, and so install a complete new quiz module, but I got the same error message. Then I tryed to delete the quiz module from the module list, delete the tables, and the mod/quiz directory, but I got again the error message. I dont know, what else can I do? Advise?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Attila Paksi

Re: error while upgrading to 1.7

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Can you turn on debugging, and see if that gives more helpful error messages?

(If you can't get to the admin screen, you may need to go into your database, look at the mdl_config table, and set the value in the debug row to something like 2047.)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Tárgy: Re: error while upgrading to 1.7

by Attila Paksi -
Hi Tim!
Thanks for the answer.
Meanwhile, I figured out, that on the log_display table were some rows (quiz and questions data), and I deleted them. After that I copied the new quiz files, and the moodle wrote: Quiz tables successfully created.
BUT
The moodle goes fine now, just I cant see anything, when I want to create a new quiz, or at the modules list I would like to click to the settings text next to the quiz module...
I dont know, what else can I do?! I need this module tomorrow working sad
I dont want to go back to the earlier version, because I made the dump 1 week ago...
Thanks for the help
In reply to Attila Paksi

Re: Tárgy: Re: error while upgrading to 1.7

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
To help, I need a clearer description of your problem. What exactly are you doing? What are you seeing? I still think it would help for you to turn on debugging and see if that give any useful error messages.