Moodle is groovy :)

Moodle is groovy :)

by Lemm Lemming -
Number of replies: 8
Hello there,

My mum is a head teacher of an infant school - she was approached a few weeks back by some people who were trying to get her to pay alot of money for some 'educational content managment system' - I don't know what it was called as she didn't say.

I told her to wait because I was sure it was possible to do the same sort of thing for much less, and as I'd previously convinced her to buy some proper webspace, that it was possible.

So I looked around for days trying to find something - even installed and tried some out, but they were either too complicated to understand and customise, or didn't have enough features she needed. I eventually found Moodle and decided to give it a chance. I customised all the icons and painted a hamster for it (don't ask wink) And she really likes using it. Which is good. smile

It's not ready for her school to see yet as she needs to add stuff. I think she's making it 'public' after Easter.
http://www.churchastoninfantschool.co.uk/chalk/

Anyway I just want to thank Martin and all the other developers here - I think it's the best education tool there is, cos I looked long enough before!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lemm Lemming

Re: Moodle is groovy :)

by Ray Lawrence -

Neat site!

Have you noticed that Burton Borough have a Moodle site too?

Ray

In reply to Lemm Lemming

by Bryan Williams -

Lemm big grin

Your mum is one lucky person to have such talent in the family.  FANTASTIC site!  You need to get active in the Themes forum and use your skills to help change the face of Moodle. 

In reply to Lemm Lemming

by Dale Jones -
Cor blimey Lemm, that's a cracker of a visual site.  Slowly but surely the Good News of Moodle spreads across Shropshire - we're using it extensively at Mary Webb (near Shrewsbury).
Congrats on making the right choice!  Nothing else comes close to Moodle IMO.
In reply to Dale Jones

by Lemm Lemming -
Hi there all

Thankyou for the kind comments - I have thought about helping out with the visual side of moodle when I get more time. smile

I got an email from you mr. Lawrence (I think it was you - sorry I have a fever as I'm typing this), I accidentally pressed on the wrong button and lost it (sorry) - but I did get it blush smile - Could you please send that again, I think my mum will be happy.

I've seen burton boroughs too - I was a student there (1993 - 1998) so that helped pursuade me too. wink
In reply to Lemm Lemming

by Ray Lawrence -

Hi (K?),

Sorry to hear abut the fever. sad

Will send email again asap. Interesting in the local context of budgets, eh? I hear that Shrophire have recently signed up to Digital Brain. What's the position in Telford?

Pupils who move on to Burton Borough will have an edge. Not sure about the extent of their use, though.

Is your Mum signed up to this community? If not, I'd recommend it, as there's a wealth of experience about using Moodle (plus some of them actually seem quite nice people big grin).

Ray

In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Lemm Lemming -
Thanks Ray - I found out I have a lung infection lol. (trying to look on the bright side here smile)

My mum (Anne Garner) is out somewhere til Friday I found out, so I'll let her know by then and stuff. I'm sure this place will benifit her, I don't understand all the edu lingo 100%, she does. ;)

Best wishes and thanks,

Lemm
In reply to Lemm Lemming

by Ray Lawrence -

Sorry to hear that. sad

I've got the ideal tonic, as the song goes "A spoonful of  Moodle helps the medicine go down" or something like that, I need to get that Mary Poppins video out. wink

Ray

p.s. no reply from the Council yet.

In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Tara Call -

I am a professor in the Australian National University and we are using Moodle for online courses. The good thing about it is that it is very easy to use. I think we all should be thankful to Martin Dougiamas for developing it. Its popularity can be understood from the fact that it is used by more than 37 million users at the moment.