JQuiz in Firefox problem

JQuiz in Firefox problem

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 9

Hello,
A JQuiz short answer question is being used as a dictation exercise. When presented as a Moodle activity, after listening to the flash player, you cannot write in the text box without first clicking somewhere outside the text box in Firefox 2.0.0.1. It works normally in IE7. It also works normally outside of Moodle in both Firefox and IE7. I used HP 6.2.0.6.
An example on Moodle here: http://moodle.univ-fcomte.fr/mod/hotpot/view.php?id=13722
Password: begin

(The same exercise outside Moodle in a slightly different and older version: http://cla.univ-fcomte.fr/english/dictations/rodspeople/rods04/04.htm )
The markup validates on both versions.

I’m on Windows XP (NT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2)

Can you help?

Cheers,

Glenys

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: JQuiz in Firefox problem

by Martin Holmes -
Hi there,

I can confirm the behaviour on FF 2.0.0.2/WinXP. The only symptom I see is one JavaScript error:

Warning: reference to undefined property obj.className
Source File: http://moodle.univ-fcomte.fr/mod/hotpot/hotpot-full.js
Line: 1326

but I don't think that's the cause. It may be the Flash plugin which is not relinquishing the cursor.

Cheers,
Martin
In reply to Martin Holmes

by henny jellema -
Beste Glenys and Martin,

What a small world this is.

Glenys when the dictation is finished what's the score in your case? ? I alwyas get 100%, even when the student makes many mistakes, in a short answer quiz. And it not possible to see the results in the database.

But it is very well possible that this problem is not anymore in the New Module, which isn't within my reach right now. ( unfortunately )

Hart. gr. van Henny.
In reply to henny jellema

by Glenys Hanson -
Hello Henny,

Nice to meet you in a different environment! smile

I've only got one student doing these exercises so far and she has had a number of different scores but never 100%. As she must be using IE she hasn't complained. It was a colleague using Firefox who noticed the problem. I think your problem must be different.

What do you mean by the database? I can see the results both in the Activites block: Hot Potatoes Quizzes and in the Administration block Grades.

I have other problems: with video. You'll be reading me here again soon. wink

It takes me so looong to state my problems clearly enough that these technical giants can help me. tongueout

Cheers,
Glenys

by henny jellema -
Beste Glenys,

Yes, I mean with databases these two you mention. In activities section is the Hot Potatoes Quizzes and in the management section is grades. Grades is also visible for the individual student ( his own grades ) right?

After done a short answer quiz there isn't a complete adinstration ( in Hot Quizzes 9 activities section) . No name or time from a student. The 3 most right columns are empty.

In the Grades ( management section) it's all 0% in my adminstration and in the students' it's all 100%. My students wondered why they had all the same gradesmile). and all 100%. They LOVE Moodle!!

This problem is only with the short answer quiz. I haven't tried the multiple answer yet. The mc works fine.

So let me count my blessings!

I'm convinced that making hp working in Moodle with all the connections to scores etc... is VERY difficult. It amazing how far Gordon got us already, don't you think?

Hartelijke groeten van Henny.
In reply to henny jellema

by Glenys Hanson -
Dear Henny,

My JQuiz short answer exercises work normally in Moodle as far as scoring goes.
I'm afraid I've no idea why yours don't.

Hope Gordon can help you.

All the best,
Glenys

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Glenys,
in order to investigate, I would like to be able to get at the source files for the following quiz:

Could you send the jqz file and html and associated sound files to me, or better still add the quiz to the HotPot test course:
many thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi again Gordon,
I'll do this, too, tomorrow from a fast connection.

A completely different kind of problem.

Since this morning, I can no longer directly access the Hotpot module. I get an error message "Sorry, but you need to be part of a group to see this forum."

I've been able to write here only because I can click on the link in your message in my mailer.

Am I the only one to have this problem?

Moodle org seems to have been doing maintenance recently and that the interface has slightly changed. Could it be related?

Cheers,
Glenys

Vast: Re: JQuiz in Firefox problem

by lasse utti -

Error message "Sorry, but you need to be part of a group to see this forum."

Same problem here ... all moodle-forums are closed ... I've dropped out from group moodler ... something mystic in role-system ... sad

..lasse..

In reply to lasse utti

Re: Vast: Re: JQuiz in Firefox problem

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, Iam having difficulty accessing forums on moodle.org too sad

I asked Martin D. (chief Moodler!) about it, and he told me the problems are caused by some new code that was introduced in Moodle 1.8 - over the weekend moodle.org was upgraded to Moodle 1.8 surprise

Martin and the Moodle HQ team are working urgently on it, so we'll have to wait a little longer.

regards
Gordon